(Mental Health Nurse Therapist / Psychologist / Social Worker / Occupational Therapist / Counsellor)
The Day Patient Therapy Program offers specific group programs to patients across General Acute Adult Psychiatry, Substance Abuse and Addiction, Young Adults and Aged Psychiatry.
We are seeking enthusiastic, motivated and innovative individuals with the skills, experience and flexibility to work across in one particular program or across different program areas in the Day Programs.
You must be team player with a positive, flexible and adaptable outlook. Highly developed group therapy skills, as well as a strong theoretical base in MI, CBT, ACT, mindfulness and DBT. You will have a vision for excellence, a strong interest in program development and enjoy the challenge of providing quality care and service to people with complex mental health issues. Specialist skills in working with addiction or in Aged Psychiatry will be beneficial.
Key selection criteria:
- Qualified and registered Mental Health Nurse Therapist, Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist or Counsellor, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working in acute adult mental health setting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and evaluate evidence –based group interventions.
- Strong understanding and working experience of psychological frameworks including CBT, ACT, DBT, MI and Mindfulness.
- A flexible, innovative and compassionate approach to working with resistance.
- Ability to work a minimum of 3 shifts per week which may include evenings or weekends.